September 22nd 2014 sees another Social Media Week kick off around the world both on and offline. With events taking place in 12 major cities worldwide the week brings together some of the most innovative and brightest minds in digital marketing. Whether you’re a marketer, small business, artist, musician, blogger or are using social media in any way you’ll be inspired and grow your knowledge immensely this week.
It’s always more fun attending a live event, and there’s some great networking opportunities, so check the Social Media Week schedule at http://socialmediaweek.org/schedule/ to find an event near you and get involved.
If you can’t make it in person though, here’s our top 5 Social Media Week online resources you’ll want to bookmark!
Social Media Week Website
The first port of call for all parties interested in SMW14 is the official website at http://socialmediaweek.org. With the latest news from all the cities hosting events, to schedules, speaker bios, and many more ways to get involved the website is the central place to go for information.
It also features an informative blog covering related topics around the SMW themes, so it’s a great site to bookmark for inspiration and deeper insight from this year’s talks.
If there’s not a SMW event happening near you this time around, you can also apply to be a host city, engage your brand with the week, or apply to speak at next years SMW on the website directly
Many of this year’s presentations will have live streams as they happen (with archived recordings for the ones you missed live).
Here are the Livestream channels for each of the regional Social Media Week cities where you can watch talks going on throughout the week.
- Social Media Week London: http://new.livestream.com/smwlondon
- Social Media Week Johannesburg: https://new.livestream.com/smwjohannesburg
- Social Media Week Berlin: https://new.livestream.com/smwberlin
- Social Media Week Chicago: https://new.livestream.com/smwchicago
- Social Media Week Los Angeles: https://new.livestream.com/smwla
- Social Media Week Miami: https://new.livestream.com/smwmiami
- Social Media Week New York: https://new.livestream.com/smwnyc
- Social Media Week Mumbai: https://new.livestream.com/smwmumbai
- Social Media Week Rome: https://new.livestream.com/smwrome
- Social Media Week Rotterdam: https://new.livestream.com/smwrotterdam
- Social Media Week Sao Paulo: https://new.livestream.com/smwsaopaulo
- Social Media Week Sydney: https://new.livestream.com/smwsydney
Social Media Week Mobile App
This year’s Social Media Week has some excellent apps to keep you up to date and in touch while you’re on the go. Supporting IOS, Android and Windows devices the app will allow you to connect and network online with event attendees and speakers directly.
You can fill in your own professional profile by registering at the Social Media Week website, and you can of course connect all your social media profiles into the app too. The apps also have live video feeds of keynotes panels and workshops from cities across the globe and features content and real time conversation on trending topics.
Download the SMW14 app directly from the appropriate app store on your device.
SMW14 On Twitter
The fastest way to learn about Social Media Week updates is to follow the main twitter account @socialmediaweek.
You’ll also find all the local cities have a Twitter presence too and here are the individual twitter accounts for your local region .
- @smwldn (London)
- @smwrme (Rome)
- @smwberlin (Berlin)
- @smwrotterdam (Rotterdam)
- @smwjhb (Johannesburg)
- @smwmumbai (Mumbai)
- @smwchicago (Chicago)
- @smwnyc (New York)
- @smwla (Los Angeles)
- @smwmiami (Miami)
- @smwsp (Sao Paulo)
- @smwsydney (Sydney)
If you are tweeting live from an event, or you’re just putting out messages on Twitter that are relevant to Social Media Week, here’s a list of the hashtags you should be using to make sure your tweets are seen by the SMW community.
- #SMW14 The hashtag for Social Media Week’s overall global presence.
- #SMWLDN (London)
- #SMWRome (Rome)
- #SMWBerlin (Berlin)
- #SMWRotterdam (Rotterdam)
- #SMWJHB (Johannesburg)
- #SMWChicago (Chicago)
- #SMWMumbai (Mumbai)
- #SMWNYC (New York)
- #SMWLA (Los Angeles)
- #SMWMiami (Miami)
- #SMWSP (Sao Paulo)
- #SMWSydney (Sydney)
So whether you’re going to be networking locally, flying internationally to a host country, or simply following online, enjoy the festival of Social Media Week! Learn, grow and get involved in what every way you can.
@medbukey via Twitter
Latest posts by Simon Dunant (see all)
- EDM004 Social And Content Strategies You Can Use Today In Your Business - November 30, 2016
- Free Content Marketing Strategy Workshop @ The Watford Business Show – 25th November - October 3, 2016
- How To Create A Facebook Group And Unlock New Business Opportunities - September 20, 2016